Friday, April 27, 2007

Ready for a Break

I've been sleeping really well this last week, and I decided not to ruin it by waking up in the middle of the night and posting something on my blog. Nothing really interesting happened during the week. Lessons went well for the most part. There was one case where a little girl managed to launch herself from a chair and ride on my back while I was putting things away. It was also a little difficult teach the older group. They have been a little rude lately.
There is a week off school for all the Ukrainian kids starting now. I'm going to be staying in Kyiv the whole time, but there is still plenty here to do and explore. I'm looking forward to the break. My host-family is going out of town, too, so I will be staying in the head teachers apartment while she is on vacation to Austria. I'm looking forward to sleeping on a good bed. My back hurts a lot today.
We had an activity that Elder Holland was invited to, but he didn't end up actually making it. Someone who had seen him earlier said that he looked really tired. I might get to meet him tomorrow. I'm going to go say "hi" to Elder Pieper, my former mission president, and maybe he'll introduce me to Elder Holland.
Thanks for the comments on my posts. I love hearing back from everyone. I'll definitely try the more conservative treatment for my toenail. I'm not afraid of needles, but I'm not up to injecting myself. I think it is getting better because it is pretty close to coming all the way out. I do pull the edge of the nail up over the skin sometimes in an attempt to get it back to normal, so all I need to do is stuff something in there next time.
It's getting really warm here. I might spend some time laying out by the river this next week. It should be a great break.

1 comment:

Christina Marie said...

So, ingrown toenail, eh? that's no fun. I stubbed my toe while running a couple weeks ago, and the nail died and eventually fell off. I should have showed you. It's pretty gruesome and rad. Did you get to meet Elder Holland? It was fun hearing him speak, eh? "Don't be daft!" Haha.